Featured Artist Header

Links to the artists featured in our header photo: Kathryn Newman Glass Art|| Holly's Folly || Prima Donna Beads|| Polychrome Beads||

Sunday, July 28, 2013

Glass Bead Spacers Space Out Sunday 7.28.13

Sundays is a perfect day to "space out" and just relax and of course we want you to relax with us on your favorite glass bead blog!

We are always researching and trying to bring you, our dear readers, more of what you want and...it turns out many of you are looking for glass spacer beads! So that seemed like the perfect theme to structure Space Our Sunday around! So all artisans will be posting sets that feature spacers!

We thought it would be the perfect time to get to know some of the artists as well and our first guinea pig featured artisan is Cindy Haberman of Cindy Lynne Glass Designs. Since we're celebrating spacer beads, let's take a look at some of Cindy's:


What do you make? What or you known for? Focals mostly -  I have a short attention span. I'm not sure I'm really known for them but those who know my work know I make Glass Balloon animals (dogs):



Do you ever space out at the torch? What do you think about / listen to / watch? I try to be focused on what I'm doing (dangerous work happening here) let's not forget my short attention span though. I listen to music and sing while I work.


What was the Worst burn / cut you ever got??? How did it happen, where was it? My first and worst burn was when I was still new to lampworking ( I learned a valuable lesson!) Never turn your mandrel parallel to the flame to check for roundness, thus sticking the tip of your middle finger in the flame.

What was the hardest skill for you to learn? How did you over come? Any tips to share?  Well as any lampworker will tell you, they are constantly learning. Not burning off dichroic took a few times to learn, but I think I have actually kind of mastered it pretty well. Place the glass dichroic side away from the flame between the flame and the bead and slowly melt it onto your bead.

Dichroic Focal. More of Cindy's Dichroic Focals

What is YOUR favorite jewelry to wear? Being the wife of a jewelry store owner, I of course like to wear gold and diamonds! But, I do enjoy wearing a single focal bead on a silver or gold chain.


Thanks for spacing out with us today Cindy! Cindy's shop is on Etsy - Cindy Lynne Glass

And now...for some fabulous glass bead spacers! Take it away glass bead artists!




1 comment: